Whole House FM Transmitter Review

Whole House FM Transmitter Review

I leave in a sunny country in Europe and my house has a big backyard where I, my wife and two kids spend a lot of time outside almost any season of the year. We are also music lovers and we have tons of CDs and MP3s stored on my computer. I was looking for a solution to somehow broadcast music to the backyard of my house from my music library. We all know the difficulties to stream audio and music from an electronic source (PC with MP3s for example) to an analog receiver (FM Radio for example). This is not a problem at all if you look at the Whole House FM Transmitter which can receive audio from almost any audio source and transmit it to any FM receiver.

At the beginning I was a little skeptical about getting an FM Transmitter for broadcasting music in my house and backyard. The reason was that most FM Transmitters are relatively weak in terms of coverage and they are mainly for use in your car. After testing the Whole House FM Transmitter 2.0 I was relieved to find out that their claims of 150 feet (50 meters) radius coverage are actually true.


Stereo Car Audio

Some Specifications

Before continuing with my review for the Whole House FM Transmitter 2.0, let us see some of the specs of this device below:
Use it anywhere you want (Home, Back Yard, Car, Office, Garage, Boat, exercise room, pool side etc). Covers the entire FM Band Range from 88.1 to 107.9 MHz in steps of 0.1 MHz. This means that you can easily find any unoccupied frequency to transmit your signal. Receives as input any audio source (MP3 players, iPod, Home Stereo, TV, DVD, DVR, Satellite Radio, Computers PC or MAC, Microphone etc). Transmits to any FM Receiver. Covers 150 feet distance but still satisfies the FCC part 15 regulations. Compact Size and light weight (a little bit larger than the size of a deck of playing cards). The new Whole House FM Transmitter version 2.0 is built from the ground up with better features, versatility and reliability. Four ways to power the device (AC Outlet, 3 "AA" Batteries, Computer USB Port and 12V Car Adapter). 30-Day Money Back Guarantee. It includes all necessary cables and adaptors to start using it immediately (AC adapter, 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo audio cable, USB power cable, 12V DC car power adapter, stereo Y cable, RCA Jack Stereo audio cable). If you purchase, you will get also 4 Free Bonuses such as Lavalier Microphone, Free USPS Shipping within USA, 1 Year Warranty and Lifetime customer support.

In the box you will find the following items:
Whole House FM Transmitter 2.0 110/220V AC Wall Outlet Adapter 12V DC Car Adapter 1/8? (3.5mm) Stereo Audio Cable RCA Jack Stereo Audio Adapter Stereo Audio "Y" Cable Computer USB Power Adapter

Testing done on Coverage

My first test on how long the unit can transmit was pretty simple. I just connected a CD player with the FM transmitter using the 1/8" stereo audio cable and selected an unused FM frequency in my area. Power for the transmitter was from the AC outlet. Now, because I live in Europe, we use the even numbered frequencies so I selected 104.6 MHz on my FM radio receiver. After setting up the same frequency on the FM Transmitter, I was able to receive the audio strong and clear on my radio from the living room of my house to the far side of my backyard (around 120 feet away).

My second testing was a little more demanding, but I will reveal this test on my website.

Conclusion

The reviewed Whole House FM Transmitter really stands up to its name as a "Whole House" coverage system. If you are in the same situation as me, that is you like to listen to streaming music from a CD player or from your laptop without being bound by distance from the music source, then the Whole House FM system is a great device to broadcast your music on any FM receiver within your home vicinity. Its price tag has also dropped considerably, so why don't you take a look at the official website of the product to see if it fits your needs. And don't forget the free shipping within USA and the 30-Day money back guarantee.

Friends Link : Stereo car audio

 

Copyright © 2010 • Stereo Car Audio • Design by Dzignine